Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hexagons and More

Hexagons are popular once again.  Only this time, there are tools and quiltmakers ready to help you piece easily and quickly.

Moda introduced Honeycombs this year.  These are precut hexagons that finish about 6".  There is a hard plastic template on the back with holes to mark the seam allowance points.  I am taking these with me when we travel.  I can hand sew anytime and will have a little quilt ready in no time.  Watch for photos.  For ideas faster, visit the Moda blog called Moda Bakeshop for free patterns.

Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts has been thinking about these and more.  Her tool, Hex N More, makes 4 sizes of hexagons, 60 degree triangles, half hexagons and more.  This fall at Quilt Market she introduced her new tool, Sidekicks.  Here is our display of her tools and some patterns.


Creative Grids has a new hexagon trim tool that works like the Pineapple Trim tool.  It makes sewing hexagons easier too.  Go to the Creative Grids USA website to see an instructional video.  I haven't ordered these yet.  Would you like me to?  Email through the website for The Marsh Store and let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment