Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lynette Anderson and Block of the Month

For those of us who have been quilting since the early 1990s, it occurred to me one day that Lynette Anderson is my new Debbie Mumm.  Her fabric has a folksy air to it and features the themes of family, friends and pets.  She does lovely embroidery work too.  When I first ordered her fabric she was with a company called Lecien.  Now she is designing for RJR.  Her new line features brighter colours but still with a country feel.

Lynette is from Australia, produces cute wood buttons and has a great sense of whimsy. 

She has designed a Block of the Month for RJR called 'Daisy Chain Cottage'.  The image does not do justice to the colourful fabrics but is here to give you an idea of what the quilt is like.  You can check it out better on the RJR website. 

The pattern is free online and the fabrics are all in stock waiting for me to make the store sample so you can see how delightful it is.  I saw the quilt at Quilt Market and love it, can't wait to start making it.  Want to sew along?  It just occurred to me that I don't have to finish my sample before you start.  We can work together, gain inspiration from each other and have a great time while working away.  You in?

No comments:

Post a Comment