Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Material Girls Quilting Retreat

Last weekend I went to my first quilt retreat. It is now Wednesday and I am feeling rested enough to write coherently about it.

On Friday I headed to the 'Festival Inn' in Stratford ON. Everyone was arriving late afternoon and it wasn't long before I was laughing with my 13 BQFFs (Best Quilting Friends Forever). Thanks to Joan at 'Sew Creative' in Mt Brydges, we had a large room with a table each, tables for cutting, tables for snacks and multiple ironing stations. We started right in on the retreat project, a placemat with special embroidery pocket. We enjoyed getting to know each other over dinner but were soon back sewing again.

I haven't sewn so much, ate so often, sang to the oldies and laughed so much for a long long time. It surprised me that, with everything going on in the room, everyone still could focus on sewing and accomplish so much.

It seemed such a short time until it was Sunday afternoon and time to go. I knew it was time for me to leave when I was sewing more in reverse than together and ahead.

Everyone agreed, 'What happens at retreat, stays at retreat' so I won't give details. But, if you are interested, we will be going again next March so let me know and I will send you an email as soon as I have details.

No comments:

Post a Comment