Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Inventory and Sale Fabric

At the end of a fiscal year one is required to do a physical count of one's inventory.  Since I'm the one who thought it was a good idea to order the vast amjority of this stuff I can't complain.  The snowstorm and nasty weather yesterday and this morning has meant most staff stayed home and safe, thank goodness, but I have had time to work my way through.  The chopping room is completely finished and I will have the pattern room done by morning.  Ela was here yesterday so we counted all the fat quarters in the store and a few other things.
What this means for our fabulous customers is the shelves are well organized.  I've arranged the bolts in fabric lines more.  Doesn't it look nice!


To make everything fit some bolts have to go to the sales rack.  These are the bolts from the chopping room that are going...

You may have figured out this blog entry is my way of taking a break.  If this keeps up I won't get done today.  Better get back to work.....

PS  The chopping room got its name because the Marsh family chopped wood for the store wood stoves back before furnaces.  The floor is pretty rough. 
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment