Monday, February 28, 2011

Deb Tucker Tools


I have been working on my 'Patriots In Petticoats' BOM. Some bias squares finish 1 and 1/4" so I am getting used to sewing small. I have found the 'Tucker Trimmer II' useful as it squares up bias squares based on quarter inches. The 'Tucker Trimmer' is used for even number measurements and 1/2" increments. I like the rulers because the trimming lines are easier to see and I make fewer miscuts. The orange-purple star uses the 1 1/4" bias square trimmer and so the block finishes 2 1/4".
Then, I decided to try the 'Wing Clipper'. I haven't used it much so for fun I tried making the sawtooth star using the smallest cut, 1' by 1 1/2". The block finishes 2"! I sewed the flying geese larger and used the ruler to trim them to size.
These experiments are tests for my HP Guild President's Challenge so I won't show more until it is done and handed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment